Ditch the Apps: Save Space on Your Android With Dolphin’s Home Screen Web Icons
The Dolphin home screen provides easy access to your most visited sites, but there’s also another way for Android users to quickly get to their favorite parts of the web. Dolphin can put an icon for a website directly on your phone’s home screen, just like an app. Clicking on the icon will open the website in Dolphin. Boom! You just freed up space on your phone that may have otherwise been taken up by an app.
Here’s how to bring your favorite sites closer to home:
- Enter the url and open any website
- Tap on the “Dolphin Menu” button
- Tap on “Add to”
- Choose home screen and then tap on “Add”
- Done! Now an icon for WIRED, Mashable, Reddit, or any other site you like lives on your home screen.
This is a great alternative to downloading apps for certain sites. That way you can have the convenience of one-tap access to the site, but also allows you to save space on your Android.The feature works especially well for websites that have seamless app and mobile experiences.
Here are a few sites you may want to add to your home screen:
- WIRED (Which doesn’t actually have an app, so all the more reason to add an icon to your homescreen!)
Comment With Your Favorite Mobile Sites
Whether it’s for buying gadgets or keeping up with news, what’s your favorite site to visit while using Dolphin? Comment below with some of your favorites!