Mobile and The Power of Local
The internet — an amazing space that has managed to obscure all boundaries of time and space for communication and access to information. However, when it comes to search relevance and follow-up action, the local web represents the single largest opportunity for national brands. According to Balihoo, the local web is a growing ecosystem of online media channels collectively driving local awareness and sales.
Here are some local facts done on a screen near you.
- 82% of local internet searches follow up offline via an in-store visit, phone call or purchase.
- 73% of online search activity is related to local content.
- Gartner predicts mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common web access device worldwide by 2013.
- 7 out of 10 consumers are more likely to use a local business if it has information available on a social media site.
- 59% of local-business searchers agree that ratings and reviews are important while searching for a business.
- Use of group deals like Living Social and Groupon went up by 33% by SMBs between June and November 2011.
- In June 2011, Foursquare reported hitting 10 million users.
Benefits of Localized Marketing
- 67% greater customer relevance, response and return.
- 39% better conversation and connectivity among customers.
- 29% improved loyalty and advocacy.
- 27% brand differentiation, distinction and preference.
Based on the date above, it is no surprise that the increase in mobile usage plus local search data is creating a very conducive environment for brands. With consumers actively searching and brands starting to jump on mobile marketing, the best is yet to come for conversion and monetization via mobile — so do stay tuned.