12 Mobile Factoids for 2012. Did You Know That…
1) 70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour.
2) In Africa, mobile access will be more widespread than access to standing water.
3) Mobile coupons get 10 times the redemption rate of traditional coupons.
4) 77% of job-seekers are using mobile apps in their search. Android is the most-used OS for these on-the-go job seekers.
5) 53% of the new Kindle Fire owners surveyed admit that they will still buy the iPad 3. 6% will even wait in line of the tablet on the first day of the iPad 3′s availability.
6) There are 6.8 billion people on the planet. 5.1 billion of them own a cell phone, but only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush.
7) Women planning to get a smartphone are more likely to want an iPhone as their next device, with slightly more males preferring Android.
8) It takes 90 minutes for the average person to respond to an email. It takes 90 seconds for the average person to respond to a text message.
9) 91% of all U.S. citizens have their mobile device within reach 24/7.
10) It takes 26 hours for the average person to report a lost wallet. It takes 68 minutes for them to report a lost phone.
11) The mobile market will consist of 2 billion youth “Generation O” (aged 10-29 yrs) This market is worth nearly $400 billion annually, over $100 billion in Asia alone.
12) There are more mobile phones on the planet than there are TVs. There are 5.2 billion mobile subscribers, compared to 1.6 billion TVs.
sources: mobileyouth, beyond, mobile marketing watch, nielsen, unisys, Mobile Marketing Association Asia, CTIA.org, Mobile Marketer, Borrell Associates, Jupiter, Morgan Stanley, Communities Dominate Brands.