In a digital era which brings the whole world to your fingertips if you are online, here is something to save you in a connectivity crisis! Welcome to the Sinhala Dictionary Offline, a FREE English to Sinhala / Sinhala to English Dictionary with a database of more than 160,000 words for Android version 2.2 and above. If you are on a travel to Sri Lanka or living in a poor internet access area, this is a must have app and a user-friendly tool to keep your life and work going. Dependence on the internet could cost you and the Sinhala Dictionary Offline is the best solution for you!
* The #1 FREE "Sinhala Dictionary" app for Android
* No internet connection required (works offline!)
* Over 160,000 Sinhala / English definitions
* Spelling suggestions
* Word Predictions
* Displays definitions in Sinhala
* English Transliteration
* Search History
* Favourite List (V5.0 +)
* Backup & restore Search History & Favorites automatically (V5.0 +)
* Sinhala to English Dictionary
* Type Sinhala words phonetically using Roman characters
* Real time character suggestions
* Option to use a Sinhala Keyboard input
* No Sinhala font installation required
* English / Sinhala Pronunciation
* Translator (Requires a data connection)
* Voice Search
* Ontouch Dictionary *New
* Image Translator *New
For all who have eagerly waited for updates and new features, a new translation service has been introduced. This requires an internet connection and has been compiled based on 3rd party sources.
* Image Translator
Now you can easily translate images with text by your fingertips. Simply take a photo with the writing or select any image from your device and get the text translated, just like that. Make sure the photo is of good quality, so that the text in it can be easily recognised.
(Sinhala Dictionary uses default Android Text-to-Speech Engine, You can download alternatives from Google Play - IVONA , eSpeak, SVox etc)
Learn the English meaning of ... or What could .... mean in English' are your questions, this is the ideal and easiest tool to have anytime, anywhere on your Android phone.
Sinhala dictionary offline needs approx ~25Mb memory. In case your device has low memory, the on-line version would be a better solution.
The free dictionary app contains advertisements and options to share content via social media.
Kindly provide your feedback whenever you use this app and support me to make it just the way you need it. Hope to get back to you soon with more to help your translations further.
Please share any comments, suggestions or questions on:
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/SinhalaDictionaryForAndroid
Google+ : https://plus.google.com/112197821030544248197/
Twitter : http://twitter.com/sinhaladic
Books & Reference
How to install Sinhala Dictionary Offline APK?
2. Click the download button to download Sinhala Dictionary Offline.Once the download completed,find Sinhala Dictionary Offline in your download folder or notification center and tap the icon to install the APK.
3. Find Sinhala Dictionary Offline icon in your home screen then tap the icon to open it.