With more than TEN MILLION downloads, VLC Direct is the #1 Video Streaming Player/Remote for Android™!
* Remote control your desktop VLC™ from your Phone/Tablet (play, pause, stop, volume, fullscreen, change video/song, dvd menu control, change audio tracks, change subtitle tracks, etc.)
* Streaming from Android to Computer (Video, music and photos)
* Its internal video player allows streaming content from the Computer to Android (Video, music and photos)
* Subtitles supported
If you have any question, request or complaint, please don't give the app a low rate, just send us an email and we will answer within a few hours (sometimes within a few minutes!). Be sure we will do our best to solve your specific problem.
To configure VLC™ in your PC/Mac, just download and run the following script in your PC (only windows):
(Remember running it as administrator the first time: Right click on it and then "Run as Administrator")
Windows will ask you permission to make changes in the installation folder and allow VLC™ to access the network. Those actions are necessary for proper function, please allow them.
What does the script do?
Basically, It starts VLC™ with its web interface enabled, and passes it some parameters to improve codec finding and rtsp streaming performance.
If you don't use windows, you can follow this connection guide:
Important notes about VideoLan™ VLC™ Versions:
RECOMMENDED VLC™ VERSIONS: 2.2.1, 2.2.0, 2.1.5, 2.1.4, 2.1.3, 2.1.2, 2.1.1, 2.1.0, 2.0.8, 2.0.7, 2.0.6, 2.0.5, 2.0.3, 2.0.2, 2.0.0, 1.1.11
NOT RECOMMENDED VERSIONS: 2.0.4, 2.0.1, versions older than 1.1.11
if you need any specific version of VLC™, you can find it here:
supported formats: avi, flv, mp4, mp3, mkv, wmv, jpg, mpeg, mpg, rmvb, m4v, mov, 3gp, ts, vob. (Some videos in these formats might not work because sometimes PC/Mac VLC™ can't transcode them into an android supported format -mp4 or 3gp-)
If you are looking for the Official VideoLabs™ VLC™ Mobile version, you can find it here:
more info: http://www.vlcdirect.com
Attribution for images shown in VLC Direct screenshots:
"Space" by Sweetie187 (http://goo.gl/bshu1c) / CC BY 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/)
"Hot Air Balloons" by Nicolas Raymond (http://goo.gl/X9l6Fo) / CC BY 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/deed.en_US)
"Glaciar do Mer de Glace" by Denise Mayumi (http://goo.gl/GsXzUV) / CC BY 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/)
"Paris Moonlight" by Brin Kennedy (http://goo.gl/ugwSpN) / CC BY 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/deed.en_US)
Media & Video
Remote & Video Streaming Develops
How to install VLC Direct APK?
2. Click the download button to download VLC Direct.Once the download completed,find VLC Direct in your download folder or notification center and tap the icon to install the APK.
3. Find VLC Direct icon in your home screen then tap the icon to open it.