KannadaPad is a lightweight tool/utility which comes in handy to type in kannada using normal english soft keyboard.
The main advantage KannadaPad offers is that it doesn't require Internet connection for typing in kannada. As you start typing the text is instantly converted into kannada in another view below english text.
Other features include:
* Allows saving the text to a file.
* Opening saved kannadapad text for re-editing.
* Allows sending the text via SMS/Whatsapp/Facebook Messenger/Email etc. Just tap the Share button at the top and select how you wanna share.
* The text can also be copied which can be later pasted wherever required.(Say for example, you want to add a new contact to phonebook with name in kannada.)
* Separate buttons are available at the top for each of these features.
ಕನ್ನಡ --- kannaDa
ಸಿರಿಗನ್ನಡಂ ಗೆಲ್ಗೆ --- sirigannaDaM gelge
ಮಾರ್ಕ್ಸ್ ಕಾರ್ಡ್ --- maarx kaarD or maarks kaarD
The saved documents can be located in your external storage(or in your Internal storage on some devices) at: /Your_SD_Card/KannadaPad folder.
The saved documents can be opened with any text editor of your choice. The same file opens perfectly on your laptop/desktop too. However if you want to update the file, you should open it in KannadaPad.
One more thing to note here is that the folder also contains a "tmp" folder which contains some metadata of the files saved. So please make sure that the files under this folder is not deleted incase you want to edit the saved files later.
Please Note: The app purely depends on the unicode support of your device. As you start typing in english, if you dont see corresponding kannada text being generated, then probably your device doesnt support unicode and sorry that KannadaPad cannot be of any use to you.
The permissions read/write external storage are for opening/saving existing kannadapad documents. The other permissions are of course added to serve advertisements.
For comments/suggestions, please reach me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apk Size: 216.08KB
Require Version: 7Download APK
How to install Kannada Pad APK?
2. Click the download button to download Kannada Pad.Once the download completed,find Kannada Pad in your download folder or notification center and tap the icon to install the APK.
3. Find Kannada Pad icon in your home screen then tap the icon to open it.