3 Ways to Customize Your Dolphin Web Browser Navigation
The latest version of the Dolphin Web Browser is known for its myriad of customization options. It allows you to select the best options to give you a browsing experience tailored to you. Below is a rundown of 3 ways to customize your navigation, based on your device type and general preferences.
Personalize Your Dolphin Web Browser
Classic Tabs Mode
Classic Tabs Mode brings users the classic style of browsing. This mode allows users to clearly see the titles of the opened tabs and navigate directly. It’s suitable for medium and large-screen devices for general browsing and search.
Cool features in Classic Tabs Mode:
- Close one tab: Double tap one tab to close it, or hold the tab list icon on the lower right corner on menu bar and swipe up quickly
- Reopen one tab: Hold the tab and choose “Reopen closed tab” in context menu
- Switch tabs: Use the volume button to switch tabs (set in Dolphin Settings > Advanced > Customize > More > Volume button action > Switch tabs.)
- Auto-hide tabs and the menu bar: You can have tabs, the address bar, and the bottom menu bar all auto-hide when scrolling down on a webpage. To show them again, simply scroll up quickly to reveal everything, and then you can navigate to other tabs, open a new tab, start a new search, etc.
- Keep both the address and menu bars: By enabling “Always show address bar and menu bar”, you can always keep the address and menu bars visible according to your browsing habits.
- Tap the speed dial thumbnail icon to bring up the menu bar: For Russian users only for now.
No Tabs Mode
No Tabs Mode is an optimized feature that utilizes more screen real estate to show more website content. It is designed for large-screen devices like Samsung Note 4, Samsung Galaxy S6, Nexus 6, etc. Users can navigate with one hand conveniently in this mode and they can switch tabs by using the tab list icon on the lower right of the bottom menu bar. It can be used widely for extended reading and news browsing, social media activity, etc.
Cool features in No Tabs Mode:
- Auto-hide and show the bottom menu bar: You can have the bottom menu bar auto-hide when scrolling down on a webpage. Show the menu bar again by scrolling up quickly.
- Go to top: Scroll up in a quick burst and you’ll see a “Go to top” arrow icon, which you can tap to automatically go to the top of the webpage.
- Switch tabs using tab list icon: Tap the tab list icon on the lower right corner of the menu bar and you can change to other tabs or create a new tab.
- Keep both the address and menu bars: By enabling “Always show address bar and menu bar”, you can always keep the address and menu bars visible.
- Quick access to bottom menu bar: Tap the speed dial thumbnail icon on the right side of address bar to bring up the menu bar. (For Russian users only for now.)
Please note: No Tabs Mode is not available on tablets (Screen Size: 6.0 and above).
Full Screen Mode
Full Screen Mode utilizes the screen space to the fullest. Tabs, the address bar, and the bottom menu bar are all disabled in Full Screen Mode, which makes it optimal for reading e-books, watching videos, playing Flash games, and many other great features you can use in your Dolphin Web Browser.
Cool features in Full Screen Mode:
- Quick access to address bar and menu bar: By swiping from the upper edge of your screen, the address bar and menu bar will show instantly.
- Go to the top of the webpage: Scroll up in a quick burst and you’ll see a “Go to top” arrow icon, which you can tap to go to the top of the webpage. At the same time, you will bring up both the address bar and menu bar.
- Immersive Mode: If you enable Full Screen Mode on Android 4.4+ devices, you can go to Immersive Mode, which hides the onscreen soft keys to utilize every pixel on the screen. This is ideal for when you are watching a video or playing a Flash game.
Please note: 1. The “Keep address and menu bar” option is not applicable in Full Screen Mode. 2. Android Notification/Status Bar will hide by default in Full Screen Mode.
Start customizing your browsing experience on the go with your very own Dolphin Web Browser!